If you could, what live performances would you enjoy re-living?

I have interest in hearing about yours.   I can think of some great concerts over the years in many great buildings, from Hancher in Iowa City, to Fisher Hall in New York, to some bars in Copenhagen. 

Something I have noticed....performers have times they are more "on" just like us, and it can make their concerts be perceived at different levels.   I know the three times I saw Jackson Browne, each was much different and most of that was his intent.  Having a good sized group with very talented back up singers to the time I saw him solo....all great, but very different.  He is a better guitar player than he may be given credit for. 

The live Jazz I have been to in NYC is near the top.  Sweet Basil and the Blue Note through the years have been very good to me, but in a much different vein, the lakefront festivals in Milwaukee are a somewhat unknown to most of America. 

I did see a few artists before their success and fame, saw a famous British singer at a bar in Rapid City many years ago..and he has done well since. 

Take care,

whatjd
Chuck Berry, Blueberry Hill's (St. Louis) Duck Room for his 75th birthday.

Percy Sledge, free concert at Damrosch Park.

Michael Jackson, Dangerous tour opening concert (Munich).

Leonard Cohen, Toronto 2008.

Kris Kristofferson, any and all.
   There are so many I would love to experience again. Jackson Browne's were also memorable. For some reason I am particularly fond of small/more intimate venues. In the old days some call those "coffee shops". One such concert was many years ago in Ottawa Canada. Small place that didn't hold more than a couple hundred people. The performance was Jerry Jeff Walker when David Bromberg was still his guitarist. I'm partial to acoustic music.

Anyone who was fortunate enough to have seen NRBQ when Al Anderson was in the band will tell you what a great live band they were. Even better than their records, which are pretty damn great.

A favorite of Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe, Elvis Costello, and every good musician I know. Sorry Stones lovers: when David Sanborn introduced them on his TV show, he introduced them as "The best Rock ’n’ Roll band in the world."

I saw then twice, both times at The Roxy Theater on Sunset in Hollywood. So hot! Amongst the best 4-piece bands I've ever seen and heard live (along with Rockpile and Little Village). The Beatles were of course a 4-piece, but live they were not so hot. Honest!