If there was only ONE album/cd/release you can listen to, over and over.............

Your " best ever " recording, which has likely been discussed ad nauseam, would you select, say, if given a choice of only one ( whatever the scenario would be; stranded on an island, locked up in isolation, all music gone, but this one ). As hard as this is, as there are so many to choose from, I have selected " A Tribute To Jack Johnson ", by the esteemed Miles Davis ( 1992 Columbia version ). I have selected this, specifically for the performances, as I do with all of my listening. The playing.....the musicianship.....the arrangement.....the story, set to music, by the esteemed M.D.. And, my system delivers the message, so I feel proud of my set up. What can I say ? I hope everyone well, and, ENJOY ! Always, MrD.

mrdecibel

Blonde on Blonde + 1

I would be fine with one of these 3 also

Abbey Road

Out of the Blue

Spencer Davis group - the best of the - not to cheat but their LP releases are all over the map

Back to Oakland by Tower of Power (ideally the 2008 Japanese remaster)

One of the greatest Soul/Funk albums ever produced.

Abbey Road, Giant Steps, Kind of Blue, Bach: Sonatas & Partitas for solo violin by Nathan Milstein, Keith Jarrett Bremen-Lausanne, Pat Metheny Group White album, Tales From Topographic Oceans, Brain Salad Surgery in any order. This is as far down as I can narrow 55 years of listening. 

My UHQR copy of "Kind of Blue" for jazz. 

"Dire Straits" (their debut album)