If not B&W 802 speakers then what speakers?

Hello and good day to all,

This question is for a mostly hometheater room. like 90% hometheater.

as i do like the sound from my b&w 804S speakers, HTM3S center channel.

i am growing tired of waiting for a used set of 802's to come on the market where i live...Florida.

so if you had about 6k for used home theater speakers what would you look for?

room is 24' by 24'... non treated, dryway

amp is anthem statement P5.

Thank you for your input.

Bill
baranowski

Showing 2 responses by ggent

Just a reminder but I'm sure you know your center channel speaker should always match your front speakers. So if you change brands for your fronts that means dumping more money on a new center speaker.
I do have to agree with James63 comment as the center channel in a HT application does most of the dialogue. I'm not familiar with your Marantz receiver but in the past as far as an A/V receiver Marantz were also good in a two channel application. I had their top model receiver from the late 90's, can't remember the model but it was gold, and it was great. I ended up using two Aragon mono blocks for my two channel. Unless you move more towards two channel than the Diamonds may be overkill. Maybe upgrading to B&W's top model center channel would be a better bang for your buck at the moment. Good luck
Jackmonster, you might want to watch what your saying? Those Tekton speakers aren't over the top expensive so some people might make fun of your response. I have learned that if your not spending MANY, MANY thousands of $$$$ than your not good enough here at Audiogon for some people. But I think were realistic. Thanks for the tip on the Pendragrons. Great sound DOES NOT need to be expensive. I'll have to look into them for one of my setups. RG