If not B&W 802 speakers then what speakers?

Hello and good day to all,

This question is for a mostly hometheater room. like 90% hometheater.

as i do like the sound from my b&w 804S speakers, HTM3S center channel.

i am growing tired of waiting for a used set of 802's to come on the market where i live...Florida.

so if you had about 6k for used home theater speakers what would you look for?

room is 24' by 24'... non treated, dryway

amp is anthem statement P5.

Thank you for your input.

Bill
baranowski

Showing 8 responses by baranowski

8500 for the 802d is more than i can get them local... thanks though.

i have a sub already... not too worried about the bass issue.. just looking for good clear sound.

thanks
Bill
Dunno what that will do but...

804s on the four corners
htm3s for a center.
Soon to be marantz av 8801
anthem statement P5
ps3
Sony vpl vw60 projector
110" Stewart film screen
paramax power conditioner/ serge protector
3 rows of leather couches stadium style.
light controlled/ dedicated home theater room.
Oops... Forgot my sub...

paradigm servo 15.

The thought as always is.... since i crossover at 80Hz for hometheater... and i do not do two channel, only multi channel. would i really hear a big enough difference to even justify the 802 cost?

but anyway... what other speakers? i did like the looks of the Ariels...
B-limo... really? so because i am tired of waiting for a pair of speakers to be on the market locally.... i should go for the first pair ,at that price, that shows up? i do not know who pissed in your cherrios, but it was not me. either have some input about the question asked, or leave it alone.

if i switch to the "D" series i would have to ALSO buy a center channel as my center channel is not a diamond tweeter. thus costing me even more money.
so for 8500 for a set of speakers that could already be 8 years old AND

i would have to spend over 2000 more for a center channel... No thank you...

if you have that kind of money to overpay, then just buy me a pair of speakers...

by overpay i mean i try to stay at the HALF mark of retail for speakers approaching the 8 year old mark... so for the "D" series 802 i would be in the $6,000 area as they were $12,000 new... and i would still have to find and buy a center...

my cash my choice.
Bill
Sorry about my little rant last post.

the positioning pf the speakers works great... non of the speakers are " in" the corners.

sub placement too is good as it was placed prior to room correction.

those are not my questions. i am asking about what other speakers do B&W owners have as well.

thank you
Bill