If I could afford, I’d purchase 100% Oswald Mills Audio gear

This even without hearing it. The pieces are so beautiful I don’t see how they could not sound fabulous. The Sp10s look like they are built like a tank. I’d even buy their equipment racks. Maybe someday or maybe I’ll purchase something from their sister company Fleetwood sound. 
aberyclark

Showing 1 response by perkri

I find  OMA to be an interesting “manufacturer”.

Having never heard any of their gear, I can obviously not comment beyond their aesthetic sensibility and the mythology they have manufactured for themselves.

Industrial design is not everyone’s cup of tea, nor are doilies. Having spent my life in the arts, I lean towards challenging designs. I find traditional design to be rather boring. 

Was at the retirement party for the president of a large retailer. While speaking he said a phrase that has stuck with me. He had a definition for giving someone good value, and that was not overcharging for quality.

Would love to spend some time with OMA’s gear and see if their “form follows function” approach actually pays off, or if they are just capitalizing on audio mythology of a bygone era.