I would appreciate some speaker suggestions

I haven't been involved in stereo for a quarter of a century. I am going to assume that speakers have made some significant strides in this time frame. I currently listen to four Kef 105.2 speakers. I have them set up where I can switch between 2 or 4 speakers (1-2 per side in stereo) depending on the material I listen to. I have no issue with buying used or older speakers. Ten year old speakers would be new to me. In general, I like the sound of the old Kef's especially the midrange but I believe the high and low end could be better. I appreciate any help and insight you can give me on a speaker upgrade. I would be playing both CDs and records. I listen to all types of music. My budget is about 2.5K for the speakers but would prefer to spend less than 2K. Once again, thanks for the help. Regards, Gary
gwho
In the hard economic times, you might find a pair of Maggie 3.6 ribbons. After going to ribbons after 20 years with dynamic speakers, there is no going back. The size of stage, resolution, speed, are addicting. They need a little power to come alive, SE amps are out, 70-100wpc gets them to come to life, more if you want more serious volume. They need to be away from the wall a few feet...3-4. Those caveats aside, they are amazing....for the money..even better. jallen
Just trying to be relevant to thread--on allocated budget, varieties of music listen to and associated equipments to be use with the speakers. However, my 20yrs plus of living with various planars from original CLSs in 1983, progressing steadily--MGIIIa, Apogee Diva, ML Prodigy to the MG20.1s a couple of years back, was also quite the reversal of previous post. Am now a happy owner of dynamic speakers.
I run KEF 105.2's and even after running many other and newer speakers I keep coming back to that sound. So what change? If you lack the bass you are looking for add in a good subwoofer and I agree with one of the earlier posts look at an amp upgrade. I had a 80's vintage amp and I upgraded into the mid 90's a few years back and it made a big difference.
Again I think you are putting the cart before the horse, say you buy a Magnepan 3.6, Dunlavy IV, large Kef or any number of other speakers, then move into a much smaller room? Guess what you will have made a mistake, so if you are pretty sure your gonna move then let that play out before you upgrade.