I was thinking the other day about all the audio stores that were around when I was a kid

I know we all grew up in different places so the experience shared here all will not relate to. Though I am sure there will be stories that some can relate to. I grew up,in Detroit Michigan and starting going to Audio stores at the ripe old age of 14 years old. Of course I didn't drive at the time so my father would take me. He loved music but wasn't really into audio equipment. Here are some of the stores I used to go to.

1. Tech hi-fi in Royal Oak
2. Audioland In Roseville
3. Audio Dimensions in birmingham
4. Absolute Sound in Royal Oak
5.Stereoland in Detroit

Of course there were other stores but my father would only take me so far. Everything was so new to me and fresh at the time it was really exciting. I still go to audiophile shows today and some audiophile meetings. And though I still enjoy it I had the most excitement when I was a kid.

taters
Ji35,

I have not lived in Michigan for 30 years. I am glad they are still in business. I still remember going into the store and seeing names like Audio Research, Mark Levinson and Quad. That way my first really high-end experience and I will never forget it.

Jafant,

I live in Southern California now and there are still a lot of brick and mortar stores. I rarely frequent them because I don't buy new audio gear nowadays. If I purchase something it is on this website. Luckily I haven't had a problem so far. 
Still owned by Harry, ARC - Magnepan - Vandersteen,  lots of great stuff...
I hear there is a new high-end store in Royal Oak. I don't know the name of it but I have heard they are carrying a lot of esoteric gear. Do you know the store I am talking about?