I was driving my wife's new 2008 Acura RDX

and seem to dislike her "Elliot Scheiner ELS" fancy system. My Bose in the Acura 3.2 TL S (2002) is more natural in the mid range at least on redbook. At least less fatiguing.

My impression is that either the cdp section or the speakers have waay excessive high frequency energy presence peaks (intentional?) and it can be fatiguing fast. And the highs and lows are not extended.

Any comments from other owners of the ELS system?
docw

Showing 1 response by rudd

I have a feeling it’s a vibration issue that's distorting the sound (especially prominent with V8 HEMI's). The good news is there are several great isolation devices that could help mitigate the vibration effect and produce a better quality sound. I would recommend that you rest your Wife's radio on a Sistrum SP1 Isolation stand. You may need to re-configure your entire vehicle to accommodate the device which in turn may upset your wife ...but the hell its all about the music right? I also agree with the other member suggestions as well (clever lock, footers, etc...) the culmination of all these devices may take you where you want to go.

Best of luck!