I was driving my wife's new 2008 Acura RDX

and seem to dislike her "Elliot Scheiner ELS" fancy system. My Bose in the Acura 3.2 TL S (2002) is more natural in the mid range at least on redbook. At least less fatiguing.

My impression is that either the cdp section or the speakers have waay excessive high frequency energy presence peaks (intentional?) and it can be fatiguing fast. And the highs and lows are not extended.

Any comments from other owners of the ELS system?
docw

Showing 2 responses by knownothing

All good suggestions... no, really.

Have to agree with Drubin though, the system may not have settled in yet. Try leaving the radio running at a healthy volume on several successive weekend or other days that you are around the house but not using the car. You can go out and start and run the engine occasionally to make sure the battery isn't running down. See if that loosens up the drivers and cooks the wires a bit. If not, maybe it is just a crappy design.

My Eclipse and Focal system took nearly a year of city driving and listening to relax. And that is with teenagers using.
I also heard that Koni shocks beat the Hell out of Bilsteins for controlling vibration induced distortion. Some people say that low air pressure helps, but I say you need a tight connection with the road...