I Was Considering Active, Then I Watched This ...

high-amp
 ...quantum linked directly to a performer’s recorded brainwaves....

Sounds interesting....you go first. ;)

Next time say up front its the Audiophiliac so I know not to waste my time.
I have only seen a few of this guys videos, and have never liked him. Doesn't really sound like he even gave many options a listen.

I can't really comment on full range actives as I have never heard a high end pair (I do have a JBL L16 that sounds great for what it is).

About a year and a half ago I upgrade to the Legacy Whisper XSD, so active woofers and just wanted to make one comment in regards to his concerns of fitting the amplification into the speaker.

I would imagine most (if not all) active speakers, are utilizing digital amplification for the woofers like the Whispers. The whole need for that hefty transformer and size of some other components in the component amplifier is to drive the low end. Take that need away with digital for the bottom end, and the rest of the amplification could likely be fitted with analog if so desired.
and you care about what he says because ...?

You need to listen for yourself.
Outboard active, with separate amplifiers. where cabling and wiring and crossover and amplification choices can be individually made.

Some of the components of passive filtering have to remain. Should remain. Must remain.

As there are some parts (aspects of the total equation) that are best done passive.

This tends to be the best use of active or passive.

Take the best part of each and abandon the parts that don’t work very well.

This is both a tall and complex order that not all audio participants are going to welcome, due to the complexity that is going to come into existence. A whole bunch of areas where some sort of minimal competence will have to be gained, over time.

A gear-head solution for the deeply involved.

For the rest of the audio world participants, it is out of range, it fades into the mists of overt complexity.

Thus the argument remains and will remain.. as each person shapes the nebulous impenetrable clouds of that innate complexity... into the shape they see in their minds.

There is no solution here. Only an innate complexity that is largely too complex for just about anyone here -to bother with.

If they penetrate the mystery and gain skills that allow them to swim well in that complexity of half passive and half active... the message cannot be brought back and then somehow interpreted by those who aren’t going to ever ’go there’. 

The message will be lost in translation. It will be viewed as gobbledygook seeming as if it is coming from the mists of the given personal projection - into unfathomable reaches.

Meaning... one cannot venture to the audio godhead... and come back with a decipherable message for others.

That’s not how it works.

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others. This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley. If you would attain to the mountain-top you must pass through the valley, climb the steeps, unafraid of the dangerous precipices. -J. Krishnamurti