I want to use an OTA HD antenna...

but I don't know what brand to buy. Also, my CRT doesn't have a tuner, so I need a recommendation on that too.
128x128tabl10s

Showing 2 responses by lefty5432

I have a standard definition DISH network DVR on my Panasonic Plasma. The channels I watch most are not HD, so can't justify paying to change the DISH and receiver and paying more per month! I would like to also have over the air HD local channels by using an antenna. Can I just plug the coax from a roof antenna into the back of the TV and use a difference source (TV 2) or do I need to do something else? I see talk of amplifiers and splitters and other stuff. What do I need to do exactly? I am about 20 miles from town.
I looked in my manual, and on the back of the TV. I have DISH connected through S-Video and composite plugs, and I do have an available Antenna-in co-ax connection. The manual has the external antenna connected to the cable box or the DVD, not directly to the TV. Do I need to do that, or can I run it directly into the Antenna-in on the TV? Do the roof mount antennas work a lot better than the table top ones I see for sale? For 20 miles, do I need an amplifier? Do I get all this at Radio Shack?