I wan't the best in this price range

Hello FriendsI'm after new speakers, with bass and slam??.my music taste, is rock, new wave, rock jazz, mail vocals etc!!At the moment I'm running a pair of Zu, souls MK 2, they were great with a tube amp, but I'm running them though a pair of Solid State mono blocks, 175 ohm per mono block, the sound is a bit on the harsh sound overall, but not on all recordings!!I have two, speakers, that I would think, would do the job, I will list them below!!, just keep in mine, I only listen to two channel music, not home theartre !!
1. Golden Ear Triton fives2. Definitve Technology BP 9060Both of these are available in Australia!!3. Eminent Technology  LFT-8bIf I just open a can of worms, so be itFriends Whats your thought'sRegardsDavid
Australia
128x128daveyonthecoast
Personally, I'd recommend the Triton 3+ over the DT's or the Triton 5's here and this is why: I know the 3+'s are 500 USD/pair more than the 5's, but I highly suspect the 3+'s will perform better at the frequency extremes than the others you're considering (deep, clean, powerful bass...check!)...in that sense, you may be getting the whole enchilada presentation-wise. And they image great. Plus they have a gain adjustment you can make to tailor them to your room and taste with the built-in subs...something you don't get with the 5's. That would open the way for you to sell your ss amps and get yourself a nice-sounding, used, low-powered tube amp for the mids and highs (say goodbye, I think, to the harshness)...or a nice, simple receiver, if that's how you roll. Either would prove to be an excellent match for the 3+'s and the 3+ would then give you everything you've been asking for here, I'd say.
I think the whole "decide for yourself" thing is a bad idea...you should avoid the entire issue and just get a good guitar. I can recommend some of those. Like male vocals?...just sing something (if you're male). Problem solved.
Zu Soul's shouldn't be harsh. I owned the Union and the Omen Bookshelf and neither had any trace of harshness. They had 'slam', too.
If you really want punch, then go for Undertones or any good subwoofer.
I think Atmasphere and others are correct. You have issues either with the amp or preamp or both.
Bob
Triton 5s don't even have woofers. You're not going to be satisfied with the bass coming from a pair of 6" mids.  That's why I recommended the t2's used. Or buying a sub to go with the t5's. If you can,post to agon forum then you should be able to purchase here too. Buy some used t2's or t1's and rejoice in the music. Even t3's would greatly improve the bass levels.