I've got a PS Audio GCC-250 on the way. Mistake??

I've purchased a used GCC-250 from the listings here. I researched professional reviews and found most of them favorable to a point I felt it justified pulling the trigger.

I've got some NHT Classic Three's and a Velodyne Optimum-8 sub I'll be using with it in an all analog system. The GCPH phono stage will be feeding the balanced inputs.

I've poked around on a few forums and there are some individuals that found the highs unacceptable in their rooms. I realize this has a lot to do with synergy - but it's got me somewhat concerned at this point.

Any thoughts or input from those familiar with the amp?
vinyladdict

Showing 1 response by stereo

Having second thoughts about your purchase? The key is, if you don't like it sell it as soon as you know.

Hey, you may love it. It might be exactly the sound your looking for.

I purchased a pair of speakers that got great reviews. I spent the money on a used pair and drove 5 hours each way to get them. I did not like them. I knew within a week. If I would have sold them within a few months, I could have easily broke even or came out ahead. I sold them three years later for a small loss (the speakers had a good reputation and I purchased them right). Some equipment you can really get hammered on.

I am a big fan of class D amps. I considered the GCC-250 at one time. I decided to go with higher powered class D monos and a tubed preamp. You can also use your GCC-250 as an amplifier and try different preamps with it.

The reason I waited so long to sell the speakers was....I tried to force myself to like them and stopped listening to my stereo so much. Time went fast.