I've got a PS Audio GCC-250 on the way. Mistake??

I've purchased a used GCC-250 from the listings here. I researched professional reviews and found most of them favorable to a point I felt it justified pulling the trigger.

I've got some NHT Classic Three's and a Velodyne Optimum-8 sub I'll be using with it in an all analog system. The GCPH phono stage will be feeding the balanced inputs.

I've poked around on a few forums and there are some individuals that found the highs unacceptable in their rooms. I realize this has a lot to do with synergy - but it's got me somewhat concerned at this point.

Any thoughts or input from those familiar with the amp?
vinyladdict

Showing 2 responses by johnnyb53

02-24-09: Johnnyb53
You have a PS Audio GCC-250 on the way?

I'm jealous.
Told 'ja.

I am a bit surprised that the PS Audio XStream speaker cables don't work so well for you, given that they're from the same vendor. I have a biwire trio of those for L-C-R, and they were a mighty step up in all parameters from the big box MIT 750s I'd been using before. However, they're connected to a MOSFET class A/AB amp.

What are you using for a power cable to your GCC-250? Most reviews I've read of class D amps indicate that their sound changes significantly with different power cables, strips, conditioners, etc. My class D integrated is an Onkyo A-9555, and after trying out 3 or 4 power cables, my preference went to a PS Audio Prelude.