I've decided to try Tubes

I have been going back and forth a while. I was thinking of the Yamaha AS2100 to replace my B&K amp (ZU audio Omen Def speakers). For some reason I now have a tube bug. I first thought about DECWARE and now thinking of Primaluna after reading great reviews. If tubes are not for me, both should be easy to resell. I have an opportunity on a Primaluna Prolouge 5 stereo power amp. It has autobias (which is a must for me) and is easy to roll tubes. It comes with KT88's which seem to have better lower end than el34's (from what I read). 35 watts per ch is more than enough to drive my Omen Defs loud if needed (101 db). 

Thought's on the PrimaLuna and ZU combo (Peachtree NOVA-PRE)? I listen to Classic Jazz, Classical and Classic - Prog Rock mostly. 

aberyclark
I think that you'd find more color and interest if you went with a tube integrated, especially with those speakers. There are so many good ones for reasonable prices from companies like Cayin. You'll also get more dimensionality.
I've heard the Zu pair nicely w/Yamamoto amp. You need little power, maybe a SET amp would be the way to go. Most seek KT88s when driving tougher speakers. They aren't as refined as 845s, 211s, EL84s, let alone the tiny <10w Fi type amps. 
No reason to drop the motor from a school bus into a Prius. Cheers,
Spencer
Post removed