I took the plunge - PS Audio Stellar DAC and S300

I should get them tomorrow as beta test units.  Current speakers are first gen. Klipsch Reference RF-3s from high school. I will be referencing the units through a Grace 905 monitor controller. I know the speakers are the weak link but I've had them for almost 20 years and I know them well and have gone through 4 amp/preamp setups. Excited to see what I notice!    
parkinen

Showing 1 response by hilde45

Hello,
I am seriously considering the GainCell/S300 combo for some bookshelf speakers (yet TBD).

I spent a bunch of time yesterday with the new Parasound P6/A 23+ and I'm wondering if anyone has compared them on these metrics:

PRACTICAL USE: There are a bunch of features on the Parasound P6 which seem handy - tone controls, sub level, the ability to dial in crossover for both sub and main speakers on the back, and some other features perhaps not as major. How does the GainCell compare on these features and on the one-knob approach to feature access?

SOUND: Anyone compare the two systems for sound? They seem to be almost exact competitors.