I sell vacuum tubes. Buyer that owns an Audio Resarch VT1200 claims I sent him a bad tube

A buyer sent me a message saying that one of the EH 6922 tubes I sold to him was damaged (the driver tube) and that the bias circuit needs repair which will cost $500. The quick research I’ve done is that these amps are unreliable and that this can happen often.

Do you think I should be held responsible or is it the equipment that is not well designed and I shouldn’t be held accountable. Just want to hear your opinions on the matter.

Thanks.
tonaltubes

Showing 1 response by grannyring

I have also done business with tonaltubes, just purchases some 12ax7 and EL84 tubes, and he is great to do business with. This was my second purchase from tonal. Had an issue with some 12ax7 Gold Loin tubes that my Cary amp just did not like and he refunded me quickly. I sent him back the tubes. His prices are good and service first rate.

Tube amps have issues at times and it is near impossible to blame it on a tube. If tube amp owners always went back to the tube seller when their amps break, then tube sellers would be paying for virtually every tube amp repair! Oh my, nobody would go into the tube business!

No, that repair is not your problem. Even if the tube was bad from mishandling by UPS, USPS, or even the buyer, it should not have caused that costly repair. The amp has design flaws that Tonal cannot be responsible for.