I sell vacuum tubes. Buyer that owns an Audio Resarch VT1200 claims I sent him a bad tube

A buyer sent me a message saying that one of the EH 6922 tubes I sold to him was damaged (the driver tube) and that the bias circuit needs repair which will cost $500. The quick research I’ve done is that these amps are unreliable and that this can happen often.

Do you think I should be held responsible or is it the equipment that is not well designed and I shouldn’t be held accountable. Just want to hear your opinions on the matter.

Thanks.
tonaltubes

Showing 1 response by bigshutterbug

You are only responsible for replacing the bad tube with a comparable one. 30 days is a VERY reasonable length of time. I have never heard of a tube dealer who covers the cost of repairs to any tube amps, even if there is proof that a bad tube caused the problem with the amp. Most owners of tube amps are well aware of the nature of vacuum tubes, as well as the fact that tube amps are not the most reliable form of amplifiers on the market. Even extremely well designed tube amps are going to have problems at some point, and spending money to get them repaired is a given.