I sell vacuum tubes. Buyer that owns an Audio Resarch VT1200 claims I sent him a bad tube

A buyer sent me a message saying that one of the EH 6922 tubes I sold to him was damaged (the driver tube) and that the bias circuit needs repair which will cost $500. The quick research I’ve done is that these amps are unreliable and that this can happen often.

Do you think I should be held responsible or is it the equipment that is not well designed and I shouldn’t be held accountable. Just want to hear your opinions on the matter.

Thanks.
tonaltubes

Showing 1 response by audioman58

A faulty design can ruin a tube and blow a fuse .in earlier days some of the less expensive  Chinese integrated amps,power amps are horribly designed. Unless it us a well respected brand like Jolida  they are night and day better then even 5 years ago for example.  If you sell tubes you should give readings for matched tubes under load with each pair. Brent Jesse recordings does, Andy at Vintage tube services for years has Allways inspected under load . With expensive tubes you just cannot afford to just exchange on a $300 pr of rare tubes.
If tubes test as N.O.S  , failure not likely do yo the tube .the amp voltage regulation 
Drifting or weak is very possible as just one possibility .I am referring to  small signal tubes. Power tubes are another animal but still a strong N.O.S pr of power tubes if biased properly should last for at least several 1,000 hours