I see a lot of Chinese MBL6010D knock offs

I see so many who use it as a reference for the circuit in their preamps.

So is the circuit in the original MBL6010D really that good?

128x128rixthetrick
It's just the clone that is popular at the moment.
coulda been Mark Levinson, coulda been Krell, coulda been Dartzeel... coulda been...
..wait..it has been one of those as the circuit of the moment, over the years of eBay Chinese copies..
Someone on here has a Dartzeel Chinese clone, stating it was the best amp he has owned, but is now selling it, as he wants tubes for his new efficient speakers. Personally, if it was that good, I do not know why he wouldn't keep it as a 2ndary, or a back up. I believe it is on USAM. The Chinese are known to copying, and I think much of their stuff is likely pretty good ( from my readings, not from 1st hand experience ). Enjoy ! MrD.
That’s how one knows they’ve ’arrived’.

When the Chinese copy their circuits and the like.

This goes as far as one of the past ’darlings’ of Chinese amplifier fame, having copied a portable technics CD player schematic into a $3k full size home unit.

The problem being that such a circuit as a portable CD player inherently has limitations. Limitations that a full size CD player should not have to encounter. compromises in circuitry for the sake of being a battery powered portable.

these near flaws (sound quality compromises, etc), which are acceptable in the case of being portable and cheap, have no place in a full size AC powered CD deck.

Yet, there it was, in all of it’s glory, inside this celebrated and known Chinese audio company’s gear.

Part of the issue is the ’pretty’ aspect of human behavior. the Bose effect (one might call it), and similar aspects of what happens when people who don’t know gear are forced to judge it by appearance. Simply as this is one of the tools of analysis in their toolbox. Knowing what’s in the box and what this may mean, is not in their wheelhouse.

Sometimes it’s almost as if those seeking cheap inexpensive gear, trying to get a leg up on things..... somehow.... and... in not knowing what they seek or what it actually means..they inadvertently ask a shovel to become a math professor.

And the shovel, looking to make a buck and survive and maybe grow up to be a tool shed, embarks on a path of becoming a celebrated math professor.

But really, it remains as the bear dancing -as best it can.

As the bear may be dancing in our minds but really the bear is just lurching around for food, and we convert that motion to being recognized in our minds as what we know, what our mind idealizes into an explanation for all the bear lurching and bear juddering about.

The bear is dancing!

Not.

People who don’t know... are throwing their money... at what they want to see....which is a thing that really isn’t there. Sometimes the bear is more intelligent and can almost dance a bit, but it will probably be a long time before it emerges into anything other than a copy machine.

Where in committing all those acts of copying, it really has no clue of what it is actually doing and what it is all being done for.

Hence misapplication of the lifted technology, the components, the reasons for the way it is built, and so on. Cheap copies have their price and the people buying them seldom know what they are doing, so it will continue, and for a long time (in other world and markets as well. Part of the human condition). The level of awareness of the buyers is what creates the market.

My latest reply (here in this thread) is tied to another thread that emerged just today.

which is here:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/chinese-knock-off-headphone-amps