I remember Jesse Penna today

Jesse was a Navy Corpsman serving with the Marine Corps in Viet Nam. He lost his life serving his country and his fellow man. It was 1968 and Jesse and I would sit in the barracks and sing along with Janis Joplin "Piece Of My Heart" We were a mess. I remember him today and many other days. I thank God that I am home today free and healthy and with my family. I remember all who served and didn't make it home. God bless America.
rec
my grandpa (RIP) was a WW2 vet who was in the Normandy landing. lived a grand long time, died in his late 70s with family around, and influenced all of us tremendously.

i think what a fine man he was, and then i think of when he was a young man, he was serving with other fine men, but some of whom made the ultimate sacrifice for us. great men who never got the chance to have a family, a future, anything---only sacrifice.

its good to spend time thinking of the men who didn't make it back. what they did, what they gave, and all for us.
Another year Jesse, I promise you I will never forget. I think of you more with each passing year. I will play Janis tonight for you and for me.