I Recapped my Conrad Johnson PFR. Wow! Some of the best $$$ I've spent

Wow! What a thrill. I've had this preamp for about 15 Yrs and it has always been a good performer. But I can't remember it sounding any better than it does now. The tech used the best Nichicon resistors available. Now I'm considering hhaving my CDP recapped and maybe the speaker crossovers too. That should make nearly a new sounding system. So it cost me a little less than $200 to get the caps replaced and the solder joints inspected and fixed on the PFR. I assume this is a good use of funds  And its sure cheaper than buying that tube preamp that I've been looking at for quite some time. But even though my system sounds very good, I keep looking at the tube preamps for some reason. Hmmm
128x128artemus_5
millercarbon it would seem you are an expert at losing money. Wouldn't you rather buy more music?? I guess not.
Mijostyn seems you've never gone the mod route, it is hardly losing or wasting money unless you somehow equate greater musical performance and engagement a waste. Better sound promotes more musical purchases, at least in my experience. Well placed mods/upgrades by an experienced tech is some of the smartest spending you can do.
Replaced the caps in my Arcam Alpha 10 int. amp w/Kendeil's myself. A world of difference! $40. A lot of other little mods which cost very little and greatly improve the sound. Everything has an effect. If you have never done these things, you have no idea how much improvement there is to be made. 
The first mod I did was put a Noble potentiometer in a Superphon preamp, many years ago. Big difference! Been a modder ever since.    
Ask any tube amp designer/maker about any of his products which have been damaged by well-meaning modifiers who didn’t understand why certain parts were used in his product, and who replaced parts chosen for a specific reason with inappropriate parts. A boutique part may have electrical characteristics (unknown to modifiers) which makes it unsuitable for use in a certain circuit. I have heard horror stories told by a few of them, including Bill Johnson, Frank Van Alstine, and Roger Modjeski.