I really wanted to dislike D'Agostino

I do a lot of trash talking here so I wanted to say something positive.  I find it especially hard to find things to like in gear that seems priced too high for the actual performance, and am happy to steer listeners to more affordable and often better sounding gear. For many reasons,I really wanted to dislike D'Agostino. This included previous listening to Dan era Krell, espeically with B&W speakers, was just never that good.  Perfectly, clinically sounding electronics.  The Audio Research (again vintage not modern) of Solid State.

When I first saw D'Agostino, I thought to myself that gear that looks that good can't sound very good.  Large bare copper, and big nods to watch making aesthetics were just too calculated to hook and reel me in.   Evoking both horology and espresso making at it's finest.

I have to say that my listening experience with modern Wilson speakers was a totally and completely different experience from what I expected.  Sweet, clean, musical, deep, extended.  I'd happily sit and listen to that for a very very long time.

Honestly to my ears the sound of the modern D'Agostino was so far and distant from the Krells I had heard so long ago it was a huge relief and surprise.  Nicely done.  I'm sorry I doubted the brand at all. 
erik_squires
Just curious, has anyone had experience with the Krell K300I integrated amp? I was reading Dan's exwife Rondi owns Krell now and production is located in the US. I'm interested in purchasing one, curious if anyone has one or test drove one and your opinions, thanks, cheers. 
I can’t help but wonder if your picking the stone out of the wrong shoe?
Who here promotes Ayre and Luxman every chance he gets and takes a jab at Pass
Can read him like a book, this is yet again his "subtle" but round about way of "Krell Bashing" this time, just like he did with Pass Labs amps a couple of months back, and got "new one ripped" for his efforts.

Cheers George
eric squires

Your mastery of sarcasm is beggared as your ability to tell the truth,  you come here with a cavalier attitude seeking attention only.
George. I totally agree with you
You didn't like the sound of krell because you never heard it with the right preamp. I couldn't even listen to my krell amp with solid state preamps, at least the ones in my price range, but with a tube preamp it sounds great.
Yep. I first heard D'Agostino Momentum electronics with large Wilsons at a major metro dealer. It made me go back to the drawing board in terms of my own system (Pass/KEF Blades).  I've now got Dan's Momentum HD preamp and S250 stereo amp along with the Momentum Phono amp and couldn't be happier. Didn't go with the Wilson speakers though. Instead Sonus Faber Aidas sound lovely paired with the D'Agostino electronics. I couldn't be more pleased -- I'm done with the equipment merry-go-round.