I pulled the trigger, I bought OHM Walsh Micro Tall Speakers...

So I called John Strohbeen, what a great man!

He helped me select an appropriate model for my tiny little music room which used to be a bedroom that we blew the wall out of!

I am a big fan of 3 dimensional sound and the disappearing act of speakers, massive, deep and wide sound stage and I believe I made the right call. I considered KEF R series, Tekton Pendragon, Tannoy Revolutions and Sonus Faber. I think I made the right call.
Will be driving them with a Primaluna Dialogue Premium running kt150’s

Are any of you current or past OHM owners and if you are your opinions please!
128x128eag618

Showing 7 responses by eag618

Audionoobie,I can't tell you what a fine man John is at OHM, I would continue doing business with him just for his character and advice alone. An MIT engineer and gentleman!
I am buying a returned set in Red Oak, my initial preference was the Rosewood or Red Sapelle finish, he told me this:"Chipper, listen to them and if you like them and want them in another finish, I'd be happy to make them and ship them and pay only the difference (if any) and if you choose to upgrade to the 1000's, I'll do that also"
Shocking Customer Service!
DJones51 when do you expect to see yours? And yes will post opinions as soon as they arrive which should be tomorrow or Saturday!

I also ordered a set of KT150's for the amp as my guess is the sensitivity being in the mid 80's will need some juice!

Does anyone know what 48 Primaluna tube watts/amps is equivalent to in SS watts/amps? Or is it it irrelevant and that was a dumb question?
Thank you Mapman, I think in my very small 12x12 room the Primaluna with KT150's at 48 watts per side should be sufficient, or at least I am hoping.

I do understand the sensitivity of the OHM's are low 85dB but the upside I hear is worth a shot!
Audioman,I run a Honda store in Boston and I mean downtown Boston, the cost to do that would remove 20-30% of his repeat market which is the treasure of that business. Believe me, I would kill (kidding, not really) to have his client retention!

To build that loyalty as a client base is unheard of in this day and age, that is why previously in this rant I said, "Maybe I should I should re title this as "Shocking Customer Service"...You go John!!