I nominate this company as building best speakers!

Anyone here heard or own Stenheim Alumine Three. Just heard it in an Burmeister System. Streaming music. This speaker sounds like live music. Not cheap but not insane. Save your money boys and girls! šŸ˜
kw6
The true test is living with them.

If you find yourself skipping tracks....

Youve drank the kool aid.
Having owned Apogee Diva's for six years I can tell you that I have never been so vexed by a loudspeaker. But at the bottom of it all is ribbon speakers are easy to damage and very unreliable. Even Magnepan's vaunted ribbon tweeter is subject to blowing. They have an ongoing tweeter replacement program. This issue was one of the reasons Apogee died. If you look online you will notice a that replacement ribbons are sold alongside ribbon tweeters. Replacing a 6 foot tweeter ribbon is quite an experience. Only the factory can replace a woofer ribbon. Because there are great and very reliable ESLs available there is no reason to go for ribbon speakers.

I haven't heard of any apogee ribbons blowing, it's usually the foam that encases them under the clamps and frames that deteriorates and then they buzz. The foam on the tweeter also deteriorates and then the tension isn't proper causing way to much movement of the ribbon.
I love great equipment, but not for $30K.Ā  I wouldn't be round to enjoy them if my wife found out about them.Ā Ā  I'll stick with my Snell Type C. Ā 
Clearly, there is no ā€œbestā€ speaker or, in my opinion, piece of equipment. Ā Iā€™ve always been happy with a piece being ā€œin the discussionā€. Ultimately, there are too many variables in a system. But, most importantly, the individualā€™s perception or definition of what ā€œgoodā€ sound is will ultimately determine which speaker one defines as best.

The kind of glowing reviews the OP is assigning to the Stenheims are the kind of reviews I often hear about my Zellatons. For my ears- and frankly thatā€™s all that matters to me- my Zellatons posses a ā€œlife-likeā€ quality that is very hard to achieve with other speakers/ systems. Ā To that end, I am thrilled. Ā Are they the ā€œbestā€? Probably not... but in our hobby ā€œbestā€ is actually ā€œfavoriteā€. Favorite is an unchallengeable position. My favorite ice cream brand is ā€œxā€. How can one argue what I call my favorite?Ā 
@mapmanĀ 

I absolutely love MBL. I've heard many of their systems and the 101Extreme at least three times. Just incredible. But we are talking at least a million so it is also out of the question.

@kw6Ā 

No one's mentioned it, but you probably know. Burmester is also amazing gear in its own right. I have a TAD system with E-1 speakers and the big Burmester (909 I believe) with their near top of the line preamp and an amazing table bested the TAD amp/preamp I have (with the E-1s), but it also is beyond my means. Burmester is killer but I think not all that many have heard it. If you don't have Burmester gear, that should be taken into consideration and will your current gear synergize like Burmester does withĀ Stenheim? BTW, would really like to hearĀ  Stenheim, maybe some day.