I need your suggestion for a Preamp.

I would like to get a preamp, and I have an opp to get an Ayre K5XE MP, Jeff Rowland Capri or a Mark Levinson 380S.

The power amp is a Levinson 431, driving a pair of B&W Matrix 801 S3. I am using a Levinson 390S CD processor to drive 431, the sound is not too bad, but I need a couple of more inputs as I intend to use a TT and add a blu ray player as well.

The Levinson 380s is much more money, out of the all three.

Looking forward to some experts advises and suggestions/recommendation.

Cheers 
audiomaster
HI lukaske,

I did have tube preamp, Aesthetix Calypso, it was ok, lacked musicality. 
I sold it. Tube based equipments don’t do for me. I had a Sonic Frontiers SFCD 1, a tube based CD player, it would put me to I sleep. Same with SF DAC, nothing exciting there either.
Hi audiomaster,
thanks for your reaction: had you ever thought about taking other speakers? I think in your system, you miss “the soul” of your music. When listening, you must be “one” with the music. B&W don’t give that.
As cd,i have the luxman D-06, very natural , holographic,and to the point. Or try Ayre ,Nagra ( preamps)...but for me: No B&W speakers: much better is Monitor Audio PL 300 (500). Have you already taken measurements in your listening room?  How is your listening position?  Best sitting in a “triangel”: 2,70(2.80)m. Between the 2 speakers, en each speaker the same distance with your listening position. Speakers turned 7-9 degrees towards you. Try it.
Hi lukaske,

My digital system is not bad, I have an older Accuphase CD transport, DP 80L, connected to Levinson 390S, the combo sounds terrific, there is zero listening fatigue,  but sometimes I feel it is missing that "soul" which makes you wanna stay up late and play one cd after another.
Those matrix 801  sound great, I honestly do not think it is my speakers.
I might have a chance to borrow an Ayre K5XE MP preamp, in a day or two, will plug it in and find out, I have been reading many positive comments about it.

If you want to make those B&W's sing like a real person and sound like a real concert, then you should seriously consider the Octave HP 700.  It smokes all three of your considerations.

Ray
Accuphase C-280. Sounds superb and its built quality is second to none. It will last a century without issues.