I need some advise on a shipping disaster.

I recently purchased a pair of speakers on Audiogon.  The price I offered was accepted and I sent the payment promptly.  The seller in return shipped the 2 speakers promptly and sent me the tracking numbers.  One of the speakers was delivered the next day and UPS has lost the other speaker.  The seller has put in a lost package investigation however UPs has not recovered the speaker.  It has been 8 days since the lost investigation has started.
I come to find out that the package was only insured for only half of what I paid for the whole package and it would cost twice that to replace the lost speaker new. So even if UPS cannot find the speaker and pay the insurance claim I cannot even replace the missing speaker for the amount of the claim.  
I'm not sure how to go about solving this issue.  I purchased and paid for a full set of speakers and only have 1.  
Any suggestion on what I should do next?  Has anyone ever experienced an issue such as this?  Does Audiogon have policies around issues such as this?

Thank you,
Vince
vtdragani
Thank you everyone for the insight and recommendations.  I just received word from the seller that UPS found the other speaker at their lost and found facility.  They are shipping them soon.  I have not received any new tracking information yet.  I just hope it was not damaged.

Word to any buyers and sellers, make sure you establish insurance coverage prior to shipping.  I would have paid more for shipping to insure them for replacement cost in case something like this happens to you.  That way if the lost item is not recovered or is damaged beyond repair you can at lease have enough to replace it new.

Things like speakers can get separated, sometimes. When you consider how many boxes are shipped, it is amazing that so much get to where it has to go without problem. Of course, it always seems to happen with high price items.
I hope everything turns out okay. I am sure the seller has learned his/her lesson.
B