I'm trusting FedEx/ UPS less by the day

Many of the people working these high demand jobs in the shipping industry were already hating it before the pandemic and what not. Now I think many simply dont care one bit. Then you throw huge "fragile" and "do not drop" stickers on the box with a nice big beautiful picture advertisement of the component/ speaker on the outside box for everyone to see and its almost goading them to mess with it. 

Recently bought a subwoofer and  there was a hole/dent in the box  so deep it penetrated through the 2nd interior box. Obviously this was dropped from some distance. Not too mention the fact that the UPS driver just flopped the box off the dolly causing it to roll forward on to its other side. Right in front of me. No apology or anything,  just handed me the sign pad and acted like it was nothing. And that's how it's being treated in front of the customer I can't imagine what goes down in these warehouses. 

Ok end of rant 🙂

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

I ordered a couple of JBL's for my DAW..25lbs worth...UPS dropped off a small envelope with the shipping label for the JBL's attached. The label even said lbs on it, scanned it as delivered...JBL's long gone..still working on that one, between Amazon, UPS and the seller.

Well I worked for the old PO loading trucks,and as a shipping Clerk for DLDalis in LIC,NY and as in the UPS claims dept....the costs are now going threw the roof and packing is smaller boxes, good luck ,in Shipping Audio equipment....I know first hand about shipping and costs ...

68pete is right. Items must be packed to withstand a fall from a second story. I learned this one day when I watched UPS trying to deliver a 40 year old Gibson guitar. The box had a big hole and the headstock was hanging out by the strings and foam peanuts were spilling out as he walked the box to my front door. I refused delivery and cancelled the credit card payment.