I'm sure my new Moon 780D can reveal more than what my DH Labs AES/EBU delivers it.

What an improvement over my decade-old factory-modded Wadia S7i ! ! 
The Moon 780D is the most transparent DAC I've heard.  I'm  listening for hours on end. 

The DH Labs 110 Silver was serviceable for a 2009 machine,  but I think this new DAC deserves now a more sumptuous feast.  Sim Moon is not forthcoming with the kind of cabling they use with the 780D, even though they used the exact unit I purchased as a demo in their shows. 

And I can't afford to join the 'Cable of the Month' club, switching out wires at intervals.

So I'm polling you other Moon DAC owners for your experience with AES/EBU cables and even single-ended
 IC's output to a tube preamp.  I'm prepared to pay for quality.

Thanks so much,
- Dr. John
128x128dr-john

Showing 2 responses by illuminator

Why don’t you call a Sim audio dealer  and ask them. The Tone Studio AV in Indianapolis, In. is a dealer, call and ask Mark.   Just find other dealers and call them and ask them. 

Think about this, if SimAudio recommended certain brands of cabling, don't you think they make various unrecommended brands pretty mad?

If you had asked them what cabling they used at a specific show, maybe they'd tell you.

Of course, the dealers will recommend the brands they carry.  But, these brands probably work well or they wouldn't be using them in their setups.