I'm sure my new Moon 780D can reveal more than what my DH Labs AES/EBU delivers it.

What an improvement over my decade-old factory-modded Wadia S7i ! ! 
The Moon 780D is the most transparent DAC I've heard.  I'm  listening for hours on end. 

The DH Labs 110 Silver was serviceable for a 2009 machine,  but I think this new DAC deserves now a more sumptuous feast.  Sim Moon is not forthcoming with the kind of cabling they use with the 780D, even though they used the exact unit I purchased as a demo in their shows. 

And I can't afford to join the 'Cable of the Month' club, switching out wires at intervals.

So I'm polling you other Moon DAC owners for your experience with AES/EBU cables and even single-ended
 IC's output to a tube preamp.  I'm prepared to pay for quality.

Thanks so much,
- Dr. John
128x128dr-john

Showing 1 response by hgeifman

For my SimAudio 380D DSD DAC, I use the following 2 cables:

Audience Au24 SE+ USB Cable (their newest USB cable)

Kubala-Sosna Emotion AES/EBU cable, Balanced XLR

I prefer the AES/EBU cable for most of my listening since it sounds the best. The Kubala-Sosna Emotion Is the best cable I have ever used and is well worth an audition. I immediately noticed an improved sound quality when I installed this cable. It is expensive but, IMHO, is well worth the cost for its improved sound quality.

I also use the Kubula-Sosna Expression Interconnect Cable (2 cables), balanced XLR connection between my SimAudio DAC and SimAudio 600i V2 integrated amplifier.