I'm still mystified...

...why a seller can specify to be paid by paypal, then expect the buyer to pay the fee. I have yet to hear an argument that makes sense. I, for one, won't buy from anyone that does it.
secretguy
Not every time is PayPal fee added just because you have another option. This is the first ad that I randomly opened.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis953gj-accuphase-a-60-amplifiers-pair-solid-state

I assume that "shipping cost determined after the purchase" could be figured out before the purchase, once someone is a truly interested buyer. For this particular ad, I would think that shipping would be a little more than just a few dollars.
I think majority of you are missing the point but its all good.

I along with many others will simply skip any ad that states " buyer pays PayPal fee".

You REALLY want to limit your potential sales in that way?

But just my opinion, what do I know??
If a seller's asking price includes Paypal fees, do you automatically discount the asking pricing by 3% if paying by a no fee method?  As long as the seller's fee position is clearly noted in the ad, I don't see a problem. 
I won't buy from them. PayPal is doing them a favor by procuring their money taking on risks and scammers. Then they have the audacity and gall to make the buyer pay all their fees!!!! Come on.. Burns me up those cheapskates. Yeah it's you I'm talking too. Pinch a penny till it hollers. If the products were low margin markup items I could give them a pass. But a $5000 amp or $10k speakers? No integrity and a red flag for problems concerning the quality and status of the unit. Their 9 may be closer to an 8 or a 7. And they may add padded shipping costs as well. Everyone should boycott them No thanks. My big pet peeve here. Shame on you.
What if PayPal was included in their asking price but they offered a 3% discount for payment by check or money order?