I'm still mystified...

...why a seller can specify to be paid by paypal, then expect the buyer to pay the fee. I have yet to hear an argument that makes sense. I, for one, won't buy from anyone that does it.
secretguy
Sellers like to have the asking price as low as they can to attract buyer attention and further down the ad add the additional fees that are part of the transaction. This is not unusual because there are few things that you can buy without paying some kind of additional fee.

Buy a pair of speakers at your local dealer and that $1,000 cost you agreed to becomes $1,070 when he rings it up due to sales taxes.

It’s nothing to get angry about. Costs for the seller can vary depending on whether the buyer can pick up the item at the seller’s house and pay cash vs shipping across the country and paying with Paypal. Don’t get mad, offer the seller what you want to pay including Paypal and shipping and see if he accepts your offer.
Airlines have adopted similar approach a few years ago. Say it is cheap and then add all you can.

With all that, I also skip ads that mention PayPal fees. Just as a principle. It comes across as seller trying to play some little game and I do not need new friends to play with. I just want to give you money while you give me an item.
glupson, so let me get this straight, you don't mind making 1,000 posts of questionable value bickering with geoff, but you won't deal with someone who adds Paypal fees to his asking price?

What do you call what you and geoff do, if not playing games?
Nobody is getting mad, at least I think not.

What I am trying to get across and it appears to be shared by some is that just saying in your ad that you want the buyer to pick up YOUR paypal fee tab is offputting.

In todays hard fought market place why on earth would you do ANYTHING to potentially reduce your chance of making a sale.

As I have said, its all just psychology......
Sellers like to have the asking price as low as they can to attract buyer attention and further down the ad add the additional fees that are part of the transaction. This is not unusual because there are few things that you can buy without paying some kind of additional fee.

The only place I have seen this kind of "standard" seller behavior is with complicated stuff such as selling cars, or selling a large installation/implementation service, or even selling real estate, real estate loans, etc.  I have NEVER seen this kind of "hidden fee" or "extra fee" behavior in the industry with audio electronic equipment.