I'm new & need help? What receiver to buy?

I have 5 speakers + a s/w and need help on what receiver to buy now for home theatre with progressive scan dvd. I may buy more speakers next year, so is it ok to go with a 6.1 or 7.1 now?
sajo1

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

Sajo1:

Depending on your budget, there are several great receivers you can choose from in just about any price range.

For $3,000.00 and up, there is the Denon AVR-5800, and the B&K AV307.

In the $2,000.00 and under range, there is then the Yamaha RX-V1, and the Denon AVR-4802 (which has gotten a favorable review in the current issue of "the Perfect Vision).

And in the under $1,000.00 range, there are several good candidates as well, which includes among them, the $500.00 Outlaw, and a nice, decent Yamaha RX-V620 for about the same price.

It may come down to whether or not you're going to want the latest surround sound capabilities. If you want the latest surround sound capabilities or the latest features, then you may have to look at the higher-end of the A/V Receiver market. If you are willing to give up the absolute latest features or surround sound formats for the sake of saving a little money, then any one of the Class 5 receivers should serve you well.

Good Luck with your home theater system.

--Charles--