I'm moving--advice please

I am moving to Germany in about a month--really good job offer I could not turn down. Of course, this has some implications for my stereo and home theater setups.

My 2 channel system consists of:

Denon 5 CD carousel
NAD preamp
Proceed DAP
Phillips CD recorder
B&K 220 wpc amp
Martin Logan Ascents

Obviously, I'll have to run all above off a step down transformer which will be easy to obtain (I'm moving to a heavily US Military populated area).

At present, all components are running through a Quantum Octave power conditioner...I think I might have to score another one of those once I get to Europe to split the electrical load in half (probably run the speakers off one conditioner and all else off another one).

Anyone have any advice on precautions I should take running a system at 110 stepped down from 220?

Also, since I'll be "on the continent" any reccomendations on components/manufacturers I might want to scope out? The Eurodollar kicks in on 1 Jan 02, so if I time it right, might be able to save a buck or two as the exchange rates float to equilibrium...

Thanks (Vielen danke)

Vermonter
128x128vermonter
Since your current system is lacking in analog, do check out the Thomas Scheu designed turntables (and arm). These apparently have made quite a name for themselves in Europe, but have yet to make significant inroads in the U.S. From what I can tell, listening to these would be time well spent. Just a thought, -John
Vermonter: I know Ramstein well -- my duty station in Idar-Oberstein was about 30 miles north of K-town, not far from Baumholder. Joking aside, if you happen to see some good job leads, let me know. I'd love to return to Germany.
Cornfedboy--I took you advice in the tongue in cheek manner in which it was offered--not to worry...

Snooker--Come back to Vermont? Well, maybe after I make my first million or so...

SDcampbell--I'll certainly keep an eye open for opportunities for you across the pond.

So, here is my social calendar so far courtesy of the many friends I left behind:

Bernkastle Kues Fest early Sep
Bad Durkheim Fest mid Sep
Oktoberfest late Sep
Zermatt for skiing over Thanksgiving

Life is good.

Vermonter
Here is your excuse to get a new system that runs on the higher voltage!! Good Luck!