I'm here for the sharing, not the snobery

Just a quick note.  Things around here on Audiogon have been interesting over the past couple of weeks as I've watched a number of trolls shift the tenor of the discussions.

I wanted to say that I fully support information sharing, doing things ourselves, experimentation and ways to broaden who is among us.

The idea that you are or are not an audiophile based on what you have spent, or what exclusive line of products you have purchased is not one I want to support.  We should find ways to share, not exclude our passion and grow our dwindling numbers.

Building kits and systems with the younger generation is a fantastic way of getting them into STEM as well as into audio, not to mention builds light years worth of knowledge in very little time.  As I've said before, our hobby was built by experimenters, tinkerers and lovers of music much more so than by lovers of spending.

I'll support inclusive, fact based discussions and those who are intellectually curious every time I can.
erik_squires
@erik_squires:

Thanks-- I appreciate your response !

I agree that making claims/assertions without backing them up helps no-one. And it's not that I don't employ reasoning when it comes to audio-- it's just that, in the end, I make final decions based on what pleases my ears. 

I agree with the idea and spirit of your post Erik. I cringed a bit when you used the word inclusive, but at least you didn't use the word empowered.
Your comments make me wonder about those of us who build systems utilizing our ears, rather than facts/measurements.

Is there a place for us, here, as well ?

Absolutely, but don’t be surprised if your not handled with kid gloves when you say how amazing a pair of Wilson Alexia’s sound with a 20w SET
Moto: Read and learn how to use measurements and tests also

Cheers George
Agree with your post erik, sharing info is indispensable and a nice free gift.