I’m gob smacked. What were you’re aha moments?

Had a productive couple of weeks on the used gear market and today has been digital demo day (Analog arrives next week). Added a Bryston BCD-3 and original Tara Labs Prime I/C’s to my system at very good prices. 

I don’t have “golden ears” by any stretch but I’m gob smacked at the results.

The BCD-3 is replacing an Oppo UDP-205 w/ DHL BL-1 I/C’s. Rest of gear is an Anthem STR integrated and ML Monti’s. My bass has easily doubled, maybe tripled. I can feel the pressurization in my room and it’s tight not bloated. 

I think this has been the biggest jump up in SQ I’ve experienced. What were your biggest surprises/improvements regardless of budget?

lmnop
Post removed 
Overall the bulk tape eraser would be my choice but I got a deal as 
an insider on the Talisman when they first came out. I could make a Talisman for twenty bucks. Give me a break.
I know the Talisman has a 1000% mark-up but it is worth the $200 I paid for it.  It is more consistent (100%) than my AudioDesk CD lathe/trimmer which I bought used for $200 as well.  I stopped using it because I don't know that it is 100% safe to trim CDs and doesn't consistently improve CD sound.  Plus the AudioDesk is now priced at $1,100 at Music Direct.  How much do you think other tweaks cost versus their value?  Perfect Path, Synergistic Research tweaks probably have huge mark-ups, especially the fuses. 
Price can be determined many ways. Having a monopoly on something or another certainly helps. Or maybe run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. By the way I got my Talisman for $100. 🤗
Moving to a D-Sonic amplifier for my Magnepan .7.  I am running an Aric Audio preamp, the combination is amazing.  Effortless, open, present and holographic.  Maggies need power and more power, current is everything.  They sing now and do what they are so great at.