I love sad music

I'm talking about music that when you're feeling down will make you feel worse. I don't want uplifting or inspirational. Some of Chopin's more melancholic works can do it for me.  I don't listen to country, but George Jones singing "It's a good day for the roses" is about as sad a song as you will find. Leonard Cohen's "Alexandra leaving" is another sad song. I have everything Davis and Coltrane recorded, so I'm looking for recommendations for the most beautiful but depressing music you've ever heard. I want to hear a violin, my favorite instrument, that will bring tears to your eyes. I know this is a strange request but some of the best music comes from dark places. Thanks
cal91
 Cassidy's version of Danny Boy. The repression the Irish experienced at the hands of their neighbors. Very Sad! Beautiful tune non the less.

Another Cassidy tune that has a more up-lifting yet sad note which she is just superb singing, Over the Rainbow. 

I'm Irish.......
Another couple of Fairport Convention songs - 'Meet on the Ledge' and 'Crazy Man Michael'
Many of Stan Rogers songs are considered mini operas. Some really sad stuff like "First Christmas" can leave one feeling melancholy. For a while in the early eighties, I was over listening to this type of music. I had to remind myself that a balance is needed to avoid becoming depressed. Joe
newbee...Irish music is a good example of the beauty that can be inspired by tragedy and hard times. The history of the Great Potato Famine will break your heart, especially because it didn't have to happen.