I know nothing : Budget Under $1k

I am looking to move my 3.1 downstairs and add in-wall surrounds. I have an Integra 50.5 and am assuming that with the surrounds that now is possibly time to explore an amplifier.

I have $1k or less for this. I will consider used as amplifiers do not seem to have the curse of being outdated by different codecs etc.

I know this is fairly cheap for amplifiers.. but that's what I have.

It looks like in range there is an outlaw audio, emotiva, slightly out of range there is a Marantz. Other recommendations put below. Used I have no idea... the local store wants me to budget 3k for this which I just don't have...

Comments welcomed

all paradigm

studio 100 v5
sensitivity 93db/90db
amplifier range 15-350watts
max input power 230watts

prestige 55c
sensitivity 94db/91db
amplifier range 14-260watts
max input power 190watts

4speakers
ci elite
I80-
sensitivity 92db/88db
amplifier range 15-180
max input power 120
butrflynlambie
Hi there,
If you're looking for 2-ch with most bang for the buck we suggest getting the most Odyssey that you can afford. They are sold direct from the Indiana factory so there is no dealer markup. As a result they are like half the price you would expect for how good they sound (extremely) and how well they are built (tank). Their power amps are solid state. Their business model is that they use designs from a very high end German amp mfr. called Symphonic Sound.

We have their monoblocks in our system and have used them at stereo shows. No affiliation at all. Just respect.

You can find Odyssey power amps used on A'gon and Ebay as well. If you go new, you'll have the pleasure of dealing with the colorful owner, Klaus, and you should inquire about delivery time as they can get very busy.
Cheers.
Post removed 
thanks for the comments. Unfortunately amps are hard to switch in and out of your system, without buying and reselling to see the impact and there is no easy formula I can find to give me a speaker threshold (correct me if I am wrong (and I did say easy way)).

most likely I will give it a go with the receiver first, but a purchase would be somewhat blind. I don't know how I would listen to the amps in a store without my save receiver and load from the speakers in my setup.

Again I know nothing about electronics so largely I am going on comments from others to possible impact/benefit of a separate component.
"You also make the assumption that a more powerful amp is needed and would sound better to the OP. You are just guessing."

Since you brought up reading comprehension, I think you skipped the part about me being a dealer for the brands were talking about here. So I'm not guessing. Just because you keep saying it, doesn't make it true. And lets not stop there. The OP is ASKING for amp recommendations up to a $1000. I gave him 2 amps to consider. How you could find fault with that is just beyond belief. I'm not allowed to answer the OP's question? Bob, you're getting to the point where I actually feel embarrassed for you.

Butrflynlambie,

Sorry about the conflict here. Bob hates me because I call him out for the fraud that he is. He makes some of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on this site. The only reason he entered this thread was to try and give me a hard time, even if its at your expense. He could care less about your system. If you'll notice, he didn't single out Backertlabs for making the exact type of recommendation I did.

Here's what I'll do. Since you're probably confused by now, buy one of the Parasound amps I mentioned above. If it doesn't sound like I say it does, I'll buy it from you.
Post removed