i just want everyone to know..........

i had gone back and forth and heard the pro’s and con’s of a power conditioner. even talking to many manufacturers and  some one high up at shunyata that sells them, and he told me if you just get a dedicated outlet that’s all you really need.. and that is what I had. lighting hit my box the other day and since I leave my amp on 24/7 I was advised to get a good power strip. it made sense, so I purchased the furman pst 8 for $94, for immediate protection. right out of the box did it change my system characteristics, better detail, better dynamics, better sound stage/image, better everything. I immediately ordered another one for my wifes system. it has a coax for the cable, don’t see much difference there. its big, solid and seems well built, please look into this at this price point, just trying to inform the masses......
kennesawjet
kennesaw:  I am a total novice to audiophile equipment, but after on-line window shopping I got that same Furman device.  I wondered if such a reasonably priced surge protector would be sufficiently clean and protective given the $6,000+ I’ve recently spent on a few pieces of audio equipment.  But, I just wasn’t convinced that I needed to spend another $2,000+ on a PS or other touted power solution.  Until my ears become educated enough to be bothered by the sound pollution that comes with this Furman, I’m satisfied with my status quo.
Buy high quality AC outlets copper gold plating is the best, a 10- 12 dedicated circuit ,and isolated ground which means insulated then grounded on the copper grounding buzz in the-breaker box. This makes a dramatic lowering of the noise floor.idid this recently money very well spent.
Surge X  all the way!! Pro gear you can buy used for the price of Furman made in china stuff, just saying....
It does not matter where it's made as long as it's made well.you would surprised how much stuff is made in China. It is usually well supervised by the design and manufacturer team despite where said product is ultimately assembled. 
If you want a real power conditioner, GIGIWATT. I own the PowerPrime. Not cheap, but YES, they work.