I have been a stickler about keeping power cables away from signal cables...on equipment ?

What I am finding very interesting, and to some extent, disturbing, is how close the power IEC inlet or power cable, is designed so close to the speaker or input / output terminals of amplifiers / gear. Many of my Hafler, Bryston and Citation amplifiers had / have this arrangement, and many of these newer and smaller chassis class d amplifiers have this arrangement. I have actually rewired ( or had rewired by a tech ) a different path separating the power line to the audio line within the chassis, and hearing a cleaner background when listening to music through these products afterwards. I am finding this to be the case, looking at photos of some other gear as well. I also believe, power switches and it's wiring, should be designed at the rear of a component, for the reduction of ac related noise, even though it might be an inconvenience with it's daily operation. Just as an aside.....I keep my gear on 24 / 7, unless I am on an out of town trip. Your thought ? Enjoy, be well and stay safe. Always, MrD.
mrdecibel
Optimize, Demo the Puritan power conditioner. It might help. Demo it first because they are not cheep but the do work without choking the sound. 
@hshifi thanks for the tip.
Need to see what i could do abut it I am little bit of a DIY:er. But there is some other projects in the pipe.
Optimize,
a bipolar +- 15v battery supply is a relatively simple affair. It might get sticky adapting it to your circuit.

Cheers, Crazy Bill
Perhaps I missed it, but I don't see anyone considering that vibration in the cables/cords are as big or bigger a factor in degraded sound performance as electrical interference.  I keep my power cables as far as reasonably possible from my ICs and speaker cables because I can. My experience over the years is that it does make an audible difference with certain brands and models of cables.  I don't find it makes much difference with my current cables, but that's part of the reason I chose them.  Isolation from vibration is a different story.  The power cords seem least affected, the speaker cables definitely benefit from vibration isolation, and the ICs are the most sensitive.  When something sounds "off" nowadays, I invariably find one of my cable separators has gotten knocked loose allowing an IC to contact a wall or some other source of vibration.  It's an easy and immediate fix.  I'm meticulous about keeping isolation factors from affecting my components and it pays off.  It's much simpler and far less expensive to keep the cables from picking up vibration via careful routing and relatively inexpensive cable isolators/separators.
aural_grat
10 posts
11-13-2020 5:00pm
Perhaps I missed it, but I don't see anyone considering that vibration in the cables/cords are as big or bigger a factor in degraded sound performance as electrical interference.

That is because no one has every presented any evidence of this for speaker cables or power cords, not even for interconnects. For speaker cables or AC power cords, there literally is not a mechanism, that short of grabbing the cables and shaking them (and even then), that this could ever make an audible difference. Even with an interconnect I think you would be hard pressed to justify it. I think you would have a much easier time justifying modulation of a connection resistance from vibration. That actually does happen, though a good connection will be sufficiently immune.