I have a Teres 245 setup for Rega arm. Question re Origin Live arms

RB 300 arm is ancient with a diy rewire. Having ground hum problems. Decided to upgrade and looking at Origin Live selections. My question is in regard to the wire upgrade value. For instance, should I go with  Origin Live Silver or Zephyr with wire upgrade or Encounter with standard wire harness? Anyone with experience with these arms. I would like to keep in the $1500 range.

scowler1

Also look into the Audiomods Series Six arm. The designer/builder started out using the Rega 300 tube in his earlier arms, but now uses his own carbon fiber tube, and manufactures all the other parts in his machine shop. A very well designed and built arm.

@bdp24 stole my thunder. I considered Origin Live when I was looking for an arm in that price range. I ended up with an Audiomods Series Five with the VTA tower and all-silver tip-to-tip wiring. It's pretty great in general and a steal at the price. Series 6 has a better anti-skate setup and armtube material. 

Sorry, heard a few OLs, but not enough to pick between those two options you mention. Just a guess, but if you get the better arm, you could theoretically upgrade the wiring later. Cheers,

Spencer

@scowler1 - +1 for the Audiomods.

I purchased the original series III tonearm with the silver litz one piece harness about 9 years ago and have not looked back

• easy to install - plug and play with rega arms
  • amazing build quality
  • superb tracking, details and sound quality
  • Micrometer VTA adjustment optional

Audiomods Tonearm | My Audio Alchemy (image99.net)

Since this review I have upgraded my system significantly and this turntable/tonearm combo has kept pace with all of the upgrades e.g.

• Bryston B135 amp
  • Simaudo Moon LP5.3 phono stage
  • high resolution cables across the entire system
  • Soundsmith modified Denon DL103 cartridge with optimized countour stylus

It would be quite at home in a much more expensive system

You can now get Jeff to install KLEI RCA plugs - I recommend the Perfect Harmony, which has replaced the Absolute Harmony

KLEI Absolute®Harmony RCA Plug - Turntable Review | My Audio Alchemy (image99.net)

When I ordered, it took 6 weeks, but the wait was definitely worth it

The new Series 6 is even better

Regards - steve