I have a macbook pro going into a benchmark DAC - what's the best upgrade path?

when I stopped using my sony ES5400 CDP with my DAC and switched to using my macbook, I kind of expected a loss in sound quality (because people say computers are 'noisy'), but I didn't notice any - and of course I love the convenience. I'm happy with the sound of the benchmark, so there are server-streamers without DACs I could try, and the claim is that they have higher-quality parts, so they'd be less noisy, but the reviews I've seen make me think the main reason to do this would be the bells and whistles (album covers, interface, etc.), not so much the sound, i.e. reducing whatever 'noise' the computer's adding might be a pretty small upgrade.

I've also read that shunyata's digital AC cord (V14 digital) would improve the sound (I'm already using a standard shunyata AC cable); that'd be an easy thing to try, but I'm mostly curious to hear people's opinions about using a server-streamer vs. using a computer. thanks.
musicslug
Post removed 
Are you using iTunes? When I ran a macbook, I thought some of the software alternatives made quite a noticeable difference, for not much money.

I now run a dedicated setup  from smallgreencomputer (sonictransporter + ultrarendu with roon/tidal).  This sounds good, and the functionality is nice, but setup is more of an investment.  I'm hapless about computers, but Andrew at SGC has been marvelous -- really patient.

As to the dedicated computer vs. your last laptop from work question: years ago at RMAF, I was in a high end room -- SALK, Empirical Audio, etc. and my friend Chris Hoff's BPT cabling. Some folks calling themselves Mac2Music brought in a "stripped" MacMini, which supposedly had everything not needed to run audio removed.  Everybody thought it made a conspicuous improvement.  I think M2M is out of business, but they convinced me about purpose built computers.  So +1 to audiotroy and guy-incognito: likely to make a more noticeable difference than audiophile fuses :)

thanks for all the responses.

audiotroy: if there were a way to audition the 432evo locally I would.
jdoris: I'm using itunes but can bypass it. I'll see if I can hear a difference later today.
Jdoris we send samples for evaluation  just  reach out to us

Dave and troy
AUDIO INTELLECT NJ
IMPORTERS 432EVO MUSIC SERVERS