I have $2000 to spend on speakers.

I currently have Spica TC60's and a REL Q100 sub to augment the bass. My front end for music and movies is an Arcam DV-139 mated to a Transcendent Audio Grounded Grid tube pre amp and Conrad Johnson MV-52 tube amp. The room is 13x20 with hardwood floors completely uncarpeted. My system is on the laid back and warm side. It suits the music I listen to which is predominately classical. Also, it works well in my acoustically live living room. What I'm looking for are full range speakers that don't need a sub are relatively easy to drive and have a high WAF.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
kdibello
Please forgive me if you already know this. Your room dimensions are typical and pretty good. Wall to wall carpeting would go a very long way in helping you achieve better sound. I always suggest you buy amps for speakers not speakers for amps. Those changes in room treatment and purcahsing strategy coupled with your budget could probably get you very satisfying results.
Ohm 100s and an 8' x 11' area rug might do the trick at your price point. Find a nice rug and WAF could be vey high.

Marty
agree completely with the ohm, which you can buy new in your spending range.
Used Joseph Audio Rm25si MkII's.
Full range, easy to drive, smallish footprint, good waf.
overstock.com has very good deals on area rugs, with very cheap shipping, though color selection can be an adventure.

J
Legacy Focus (on the used market...probably will mean the original version at $2k). Full range and a fun / lively speaker. Mirage M1's are similar. I am giving you my opinion for the "most sound for the buck." For a grand more, Coincident Total Eclipses (used) are fabulous. The only problem may be if the WAF comes into play due to the size.
I would look at the pair of dunlavy scIII's that are for sale;a very very good full range speaker well under the 2k price tag you set.
Take a look at the "Decware" website and see their ERR's model. Radial design and high WAF. You can read reviews and design papers there. Factory direct sales with in home auditioning. Heard the model that these replaced and really liked them. Good Luck
Have a look at the ERA D14 series. On the low end it shakes my couch with the right music. Veneers are flat beautiful and well matched. My wife like the looks enough that she not only was OK with them out from the wall but grills off as well. I would also call them neutral/warm-ish.
May be just a tad more used, but Von Schweikert 4Jr's. Adjustable tweeter on back helps match to your room. Great with both SS and tubes.