I hate stereo stores But found the next best thing

I have been to all types of stereo stores. There are the big box stores - no help or knowledge to be found. There are the hi-fi niche shops - some are good - mostly overpriced and snobby. There are some used hi-end shops - they are OK but never seem to have anything I want.

Then I met a couple of Brothers (Dale and Chris) in Eugene Oregon. They own www.eugenehifi.com. I am in the market for some speakers! I found a pair that I liked at one of those local niche shops. I found the same speaker line that I liked on their website - so I decided to place a call. These guys are all about achieving the ultimate sonic experience and really finding out what is important to me (what a concept). Their attention to detail is second to none.

Their listening room is in their house - how different is that - its compfortable and has the same sound challenges as any other room - i.e. mine and yours. I liked that because I know that I will not be hanging acoustic panels(or anything else) in my living room to help the sound.

They carry just a few lines of gear - some I have heard of and others I have not, like Sonneteer and Neat Acoustics. This combination is incredible. Great gear from the UK. These are moderately priced combinations.

Check out their website and give them a call. I am glad I did and I will be back! I generally do not post good experiences, but when you run into the occasional exceptional one, you need to tell somebody about it.

Thanks

mattcone

Showing 1 response by radiojunkie2006