I hate biasing!

I have owned the Audio Research Reference 75 for close to a year now and do not foresee it leaving the system anytime soon.  BUT...I am continually challenged by lining up the biasing stick with the screw associated with biasing each side each side of the amp...If you own this amp would appreciate any shortcuts you have found which streamlines the time it takes to correctly position into the screw.

Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xmattkimb96
I agree completely. I used to have a Marantz 8b and it drove me to distraction with all the fussy fiddling over the bias. Get an amp that has cathode bias. Likely cost you less and save all the fuss and bother.
As a prior owner of a ARC D series amp...which I actually thought was a phenomenal amp, I can definitely say that the biasing scheme was ------

-----criminal!

My new tube amp has auto biasing, which has elevated this once serious concern to a non entity. Plus, the new amps sound even better than my old ARC.

Post removed 
The bane of my life, bar none, is biasing my beloved VAC Phi 300. I have to lower my arthritic bones onto the floor, stomach down,  to adjust the 8 tiny indented screws with the flat blade on a wooden stick. Oh yes, don't forget wearing a headlamp to discern the slot. Oh and then, there's the getting up from the floor. Oy. I think the whole operation would be better served by a hook and ladder crew.
Ya'know.....there are excellent sounding solid state amps on the market now.....