I feel i have been done wrong by TMR..

The story I'm about to tell does not reflect in anyway any purposely wrongdoing by TMR.
I have dealt with TMR in the past and although there was a glitch, they went out of their way to rectify it and all ended well; so, I know they are good guys that practice good business. However, the other day I purchased, and by purchase, I mean moved into a cart and then pressed the pay button for a pair of Gallo speakers. To my surprise I received an SMS saying my card was charged on the one hand, and at the same time I've received a Message that the speakers have already been sold to someone else. This is the short end of the story; the full story ‏shows up a few posts below. I admit at first I've been very upset and I started this post in a different way, it parked a lot of reaction, most of it in favor of TMR which I find to be great, but the real question I want to ask and this is regardless of if it happened with TMR or with any other venue, is,  how can it be that once you move any product into a cart and press the pay button within a few moments the product can be sold simultaneously to another buyer? isn't there any smarter way to prevent such an incident which is obviously going to leave one of the customers disappointed and upset?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xthesound
I think the burning question for audiogon members at this moment is did troidelover really misspell his name? Inquiring minds would like to know.......
Troids need love too. Just thought I’d remind everyone that some sizeable proportion of TMR’s inventory is direct from PS Audio as part of their liberal trade-in policy. Most of the high end stuff should have been vetted by PS Audio or whoever accomplishes the transfer to TMR. I can’t believe anyone would take in speakers without a checkout! It’s easy! Even more astonishing is someone who would buy speakers for overseas shipment without asking about air freight. I don’t know Gallo speakers but assume they’re not 2-to-a-box bookshelf speakers. When I moved to and from Europe in the 80’s, I dam sure knew what it would take to get me and my gear halfway around the world safely. We should all make note of the wages in terms of time, money, stress and strain caused by a desire to save a buck.
denverfred wrote:

"I can’t believe anyone would take in speakers without a checkout! It’s easy! Even more astonishing is someone who would buy speakers for overseas shipment without asking about air freight"

Can you please explain  what you mean?

Tnx 
Dan
I've purchased a power amplifier and some speakers from TMR.
Both buying experiences were top notch from the description and photos, the transaction itself,  the regular communication and process updates, the delivery and discovery of well packed components, to the performance and enjoyment of the product.
I always regard them as a great seller.
It saddens me to see any seller who obviously means well, get trashed on social media. 
People remember negative trashing on social media far more and for a longer period of time than they do of accolades.
TMR was put in a tough situation having to defend itself and carefully not come off as trashing a customer. Their replies were thorough, well meaning and logical.
TMR is still high on my list.
I once purchased an integrated amp from an "electronics dealer" in New York.  The description said it had been "thoroughly bench tested". From the first minute I listened and from that point on, I could hear that the left channel was distorted (like poorly tuned AM radio) and it's volume was half that of the right side. The next month involved sending countless emails and recorded sound clips and doing troubleshooting for them. I took it to a hifi repairman who spent 15 minutes, listening, taking a few measurements and giving me an estimate for replacing the shorted register in the left channel and removing all of the original adhesive that the manufacturer had used to secure heavier components before soldering could be done. Over the 15-20 years of it's life, the adhesive slowly got warn and eventually became full of carbon...which is conductive and was causing 5vdc to be present at all times on the right speaker output, which would have resulted in the voice coil(s) getting fried regularly. He said this was common in used components and its the first thing he checks when getting into a vintage piece.
The seller ended up refunding me for the repair only...nothing for the weeks of delay and time spent trouble shooting. 
If an individual has said it worked fine, it would have been disappointing,  but a seller who represents themselves as an electronic center and reconditioner has no excuse for crap like that.
I obviously won't ever consider buying from them again, but I also haven't called them out by name on social media and whined about it either...trying to turn hundreds against them. 
If you treat your customers fairly, they will come back and you will succeed. If you burn enough of them...they will go away and you will fail. An isolated incident, blown up to thousands on social media is unfairly damaging, as if the company has mistreated thousands of people.
I'd recommend TMR anytime, without hesitation.