I feel bad for GenX'ers that missed out on the 60s and 70s.

I feel sad for GenX'ers and millennials that missed out on two of the greatest decades for music. The 60s and 70s. 

Our generation had Aretha Franklin, Etta James, James Brown, Beatles, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Joni Mitchell, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Jimi Hendrix, Donna Summer, Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, The Kinks, The Stones, The Doors, Elton John, Velvet Underground and loads more

We saw these legends live during their peak, concert tickets were cheaper, music was the everything to youth culture, we actually brought album on a vinyl format (none of that crappy CDs or whatever the kids call it).

60s-70s were the greatest time to be a music fan.
michaelsherry59
In the 60's,70's, we had to listen to FM stations to hear much of the good stuff.  Thank God I had a few friends with extensive record collections who turned me on to stuff I'd otherwise never have known about. 

I am a Gen X’er born in ‘72.  
I wish I could have lived in London from about ‘65-‘72. Floyd, Stones, Beatles, Who, Zeppelin. Sounds good to me. 
@mwinkc167
Thank you for articulating so well what I could not.
I can see how growing up in the era of rock’s formative years was awesome. And I’m very thankful for the music born from it.
Fortunately, we have access to all of it and more. I’ve spent a good deal of money on music from that period for my personal library. And I continue to support today’s artists as well.
Glad music is a thing we can all enjoy.
I'm with Orgillian.  There's nothing like hearing Are You Experienced come out of nowhere and turn the music world upside down.  If you hear later stuff first then you miss out and fail to realize the impact that had at the time.  If you hear Amy Winehouse (who I do like) before you hear 60's soul then it's not the same.  Where are the groundbreaking bands, the innovators, today?  Not that there aren't really good musicians around now, but it mostly sounds recycled, or worse--inbred and watered-down.
I would read your post to my 15-year-old, but then I would have to hide the fact that I’m spending time on here. He would laugh at who you are and how you sound, but then I would be embarrassed to be affiliated with a group that has such low standards for admission and protects those that serve hot garbage in flaming dumpsters as a substitute for meaningful discourse.