I bought some Owens Corning 703. Now what?

I'm investigating the acoustics of my room. I have been doing REW scans and analyzing them with the help of a member here. I've played with sub and speaker positioning and settings to see how this affects measurement and what it sounds like. I've reached out to GIK Acoustics to get their advice.

But, because I wanted to just try some experiments before (possibly) spending a lot with GIK and/or other companies, I bought 6 OC 703 panels (2" x 24" x 48") to try, temporarily around my room, singly or in combination. I might even make my own panels if that seems worthwhile.

My question is: What are some useful experiments to do with the panels and where in the measurements might I see some changes?

Again, this is not to replace getting expert help; this is a way for me to start to learn by interactive experience how my room is affecting the sound. So, good things to try?
128x128hilde45

Showing 2 responses by corelli

Would be helpful to know the details of your room--dimensions, speaker/seat position, etc.
This might take more effort but if you ceiling is low, it may be tempting to suspend several panels off reflection points on your ceiling.  I would suggest hanging them 4-6" off the ceiling.  Any panel will work more efficiently if you allow space behind it.