I bought another Class D amp and didn't get what I paid for!

A little while back I went on a pleasant drive to purchase a Wyred 4 Sound Class D (ST500) amp rated at 250 watts per channel. When I arrived, I immediately noticed he lived in a small but very nice home on a lake. Anyway he demonstrated that the amp worked fine and I then decided to purchase.
He pulled the amp out and we tried to fit it in its original carton but strangely it wouldn't fit properly. Got it home, plugged it in my second room, sounded pretty good but very powerful. Anyway I decided to try a different set of interconnects on it and that's when I noticed it was the more expensive ST 1000 ( 500 watts per channel), both amps looked identical from the front. But being honest, I call him back and told him you gave me the more expensive ST 1000. This is what he said, Paul I wouldn't of noticed for three months that this occurred and you could of easily kept it with no problems. But since you called me back the same day, we can now make arrangements to exchange it and we did. For a brief moment I thought I could of kept the more expensive amp if I kept my mouth shut but then I quickly realized I did the right thing.

Anyone else have any interesting stories to tell in regards to purchases?
phd
A/AB ONLY for me!
demoed, in store and at home, with my speakers and the store speakers.
 Didn’t do much for me.

if I had a pair of M&K massive subs, I would stick with class D for the oomph.

For full range speakers, always A or A/B.  They just sound better to me.
your results may vary!
Some years ago a friend of mind , owner of a audio store gave me to pay latter a pair of energy floor standing speakers . 
During the time I lost my job and had not paid yet the speskers .

Then his business went under . About 4 or 5 years latter someone told me he had established another business and gave me his addrress . I went to his store and as usual he hug me for the time that we had not seen each other .

I took the 800.00 dollars that I owed him and gave it to him . apologizing for the years that had gone by that I wanted to pay him but couldnt find him . He said he had forgotten about my debt but apreciated enormously my honesty and that I had credit with him for whatever I wanted ..
Nothing like that has happened to me but you demonstrated that there are still many trustworthy people :-)
OP,  great post and you did the right thing. From a strictly hedonistic standpoint, it sounds like it would have detracted from your enjoyment to listen to an amp you knew you got under cloudy pretenses. It would be a not too bad rationalization to say, "It's on the seller to take more care," but I know it would bother me to try to live with that rationalization.