I am frustrated with the sound from my DAC

My DAC-IT by peachtree audio is sounding harsh in my rig now. I am comparing the sound of it to my Cambridge Audio DAC Magic plus with the two Wofson Chips inside it. The Cambridge Audio sounds good, smooth and nice. Anyone know what is inside the peachtree DAC IT. My Digital source is a cambridge audio DVD player. 540D. My next move will be to use my better sounding ARCAM CD player with the peachtee DAC and see if it is smoother sounding. My amplifier is Cambridge Audio. Sweet sounding one. Not a CX series, but sweet sounding. 
128x128arichison

Showing 1 response by tom8999

Here is my recommendation for your ‘harsh sounding DAC issues.

i bought a LUMIN D1 5 years ago (uses the Wolfson DACS) - unbelievably good sound for 5 years. LUMIN mates the streamer to the DAC and generates the best sound - they have the best I pad interface - gets continually updated by LUMIN via the internet.  You just have to hard wire via Ethernet cable to the LUMIN and run to your preamp either balanced or unbalanced ICs.

i just upgraded to the LUMIN T2 - (uses Saber DACS) - sound quality took another leap forward - more detail - bigger soundstage - lower floor - I am relistening to all my favorite albums (Tidal HiFi with MQA ) and I am hearing more detail than ever before.

Do yourself a favor - go with LUMIN and get back to enjoying the music.

Happy Listening